WOUND MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION OF TURKEY
Wound Management Association of Turkey was actually founded in 1996 and have been working actively since the beginning of 2004.
The society organized the first wound care symposium in November 2006.
Our society has 781 members and new registrations are accepted. Due to the multidisciplinary structure of wound care, all physicians, nurses, physiotherapists and other health professionals working in this field can apply for membership. Presently, we have members from Plastic and Reconstructive, General and Vascular surgeries, Infectious diseases, Endocrinology, Dermatology, Orthopedics and Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine.
There are other medical societies and nursing organizations working in parallel with our association’s aims. However, our society works specifically about epidemiology, pathology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of chronic wounds and advancements (innovations) in wound care.
Wound Management Association of Turkey is a cooperation organisation of EWMA (European Wound Management Association).
Official website: www.yarabakimidernegi.org
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
1. To train the physicians and nurses about wound care by organizing courses
2. To provide knowledge and experience sharing by national conferences
3. To increase experience by attending international conferences
(Supporting attendance to international conferences to gain and broaden experience
4. To prepare guidelines about modern wound care and wound care products
5. To contribute to practice and activities of Social Security Institution about wound care products and paybacks.
Address: Mustafa Kemal Mahallesi 2127. Sokak MKM iş Merkezi 38 / 3 Çankaya / ANKARA